Sunday, June 12, 2011

A little about me.


I have been doing art since I was a child. I attended Western Tech. in Toronto in the art program after which I took night classes at OCA and Central Tech. In Belleville I took many classes through Loyalist College. I have also attended several open studio life figure drawing classes at the Florence Academy of Art in Italy. From time to time I exhibit some of my art at Dinkel's Restaurant in Belleville. I have also exhibited in the Belleville Library Parrott Gallery shows in the past. I have my own large studio in downtown Belleville and I encourage other artists to join me in drawing live models once a week. My art is also in private collections in Switzerland and Italy. I am a member of the Quinte Art Association. 


Artist Statement

I have enjoyed drawing portraits for 40 years. Young, old, male or female all fasinate me. We are all so different and getting a likeness is a real challenge. I enjoy Acrylics, Oils and pencils but I prefer pastels above all. I love watching the person come to life on my paper right before my eyes. 



                                                                 Elizabeth Dinkel

No comments:

Post a Comment